was born in 22 sep.1982 in an artistic family in Tehran. Graduating
from high school, he entered the University of Art of Tehran, the most celebrated art University of
Iran, and studied painting (2000-2005). He submitted his thesis on “The influences of the Islamic
Revolution on Iranian Contemporary painting” in 2008. He has held 8 solo exhibitions in Daryabeygi
Gallery (2000), Elahe Gallery (2004), Mah Art Gallery (2006) , Tarrahan Azad Gallery (2009)-(2010)
and Aaran Gallery (2013)-(2015)-(2018). He has also participated in 35 group exhibitions from which
the most prominent ones are the 3rd and 4th Tehran’s biennial of the Islamic World painting, respectively
in 2004 and 2006. Mohamad Eskandari has participated in several exhibitions in Europe and
Furthermore, he has been in charge of the design and accomplishment of 6 mural paintings.
Mohamad Eskandari has been a constant member of The Iranian Society of Painters (ISP) since
2006 and is currently working in his personal studio.
In 2011 He spent two months in Paris, participating in Residency Program at Cite Des Arts, as part
of on going collaboration between the Cite and Tehran Museum of Contemporary Arts.
Between 2011 to 2013 Eskandari was an invited lecturer at Tehran’s University of Art, concentrating
on Mural painting and holding Painting workshops.
Lately his work has appeared in critically acclaimed book: Contemporary Iranian Art, from the Street
to Studio, written by Talinn Grigor, published by Reaktion Books in United States.
BA in Painting from Tehran University of Art, 2005.
MA in Painting from Tehran University of Art, 2008.
- 2018 Aaran Gallery Tehran, Title of Exhibition “Explorers of the Spring”
- 2015 Aaran Gallery Tehran, Title of Exhibition “Simorgh Recites”
- 2013 Aaran Gallery Tehran, Title of Exhibition “No Ghazels in The Plains”.
- 2010, and 2009 Tarrahan Azad Art Gallery (Tehran-The Hero) (Grandpa’s Garden)
- 2006, Mah Art Gallery
- 2004, Elahe Art Gallery
- 2003, Daryabeigy Art Gallery
- Barg Gallery (Masters & students of University of Art) Tehran 2002
- Barg Gallery (Masters & students of University of Art) Tehran 2003
- Barg Gallery (For Spring) Tehran 2003
- Barg Gallery (With Mrs. Hasti Radpour) Tehran 2003
- Iranian Artists Forum (In Memory of Bam Earthquake) Tehran 2004
- Shafagh Gallery Tehran 2004
- Iranian Artists Forum Tehran 2004
- Barg Gallery (Masters & students of University of Art) Tehran 2004
- Third International Bienial of Islamic World Tehran 2004
- Spritual Art Festival (Niavaran Cultural center) Tehran2005
- Stories of Qoran (Niavaran Cultural center) Tehran 2005
- Saadabad Art Gallery Tehran 2005
- Homa Art Gallery (First Exhibition of New Generation) Tehran 2006
- Iranian Artists Forum (Members of Iranian society painters)Tehran 2006
- Fourth International Bienial of Islamic World Tehran 2006
- Bahman Cultural center (Mothers of my Homeland) Tehran 2007
- Tarrahan Azad Art Gallery (In memory of Fereydoun Mambeigi) Tehran 2008
- Mah Art Gallery (Selection of 50 Artists) Tehran 2008
- Iranian Artists Forum (Members of Iranian society painters) Tehran 2008
- Niavaran Palace (Third Exhibition of New Generation) Tehran 2008
- Tehran Musiem of Contemporary Art (First Fajr Festival ) Tehran 2008
- Mellat Gallery (colors for Green) Tehran 2009
- Maison de l’Iran Paris 2009
- Group Exhibition (Charity for AIDS) Switzerland Laussane 2010
- Mohsen Art Gallery (In Memory of Fereydoun Mambeigi) Tehran 2010
- James Gray Gallery (Echoes in Blue) USA Los Angeles 2010
- Aaran Gallery Tehran, Title of Exhibition “America is Beautiful”. 2011
- Aaran Gallery Tehran, Title of Exhibition “In The Name of The Rose”, 2013
- Mah Mehr Gallery Tehran, Title of Exhibition “Post Pop”, 2013
- Aaran Projects Tehran, Title of Exhibition “Tehran Virtual Or Real”, 2015
- Aaran Projects Tehran, Title of Exhibition “Suspended”, 2015
- Aaran Projects Tehran, Title of Exhibition “Angels, Saints, & Co”, 2015
- Vertigo arte,Title of Exhibition “Reflection” Curated by Gianluca Covelli ,Cosenza (Italy) , 2015
- Pedrami Gallery, Title of Exhibition “Looking for happiness” Antwerp (Belgium), 2015
- Aaran Projects Tehran, Title of Exhibition “Flash back”, 2018
- MAS Museum Pavilion, Title of Exhibition “The colour of water”, Antwerp, Belgium, 2019
- Pedrami Gallery, Title of Exhibition “It’s so good to have you in my life”,Antwerp, Belgium, 2019
Tehran Urban art annual “Baharestan” 2016